Welcome to BobbyGs


Spring Break Article

Getting Your Spring Break Passport

If you are going outside of the United States for your spring break trip then you are going to need a passport. It is important that you get your spring break passport, as recent changes in air travel rules from the United States to other countries have required the use of one.

The current passport rules went into effect on January 23, 2007. These rules state that all people in the United States who will be traveling by plane to Canada, Mexico and anywhere in Central or South America will need a passport. This is needed in order to help comply with increased air security measures, including making sure that you do not bring anything suspicious back into the United States. Therefore, a spring break passport will be needed for where you will be going outside of the country.

There are various places to go to so that you can get your spring break passport. The Department of State is responsible for issuing passports to people. You can find a location where you can get your spring break passport by searching online at iafdb.travel.state.gov. Youíll need two photos of yourself and proof of American citizenship along with a driverís license or other type of photo identification.

It will cost money to get your spring break passport, but since you canít get out to a popular destination without a spring break passport it will be worth it. It will cost sixty dollars per application to get a spring break passport. Overnight delivery costs are not included in the charge. In some cases, however, it can take a month to get your spring break passport.

A spring break passport will not be required if you are going to travel to another United States territory for spring break. These areas include Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, Swains Island, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.

While a spring break passport is important, there are other methods of identification that can also be used as a spring break passport. An Air NEXUS card or a United States coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document can be used instead of a spring break passport. However, if you are active duty member of the armed forces who is traveling to a spring break area on orders you will not need a spring break passport.

In the case that you are not a resident of the United States who is going to school in the country you will need a different type of identification for your spring break passport. An Alien Registration Card (Form I-551) will be needed.

With new rules involving international travel out of the United States it is important to make sure you have a spring break passport. Remember to get it as soon as you possibly can so that you will get your passport in time for your vacation.

BobbyGs Recommended Products

BobbyGs News and Information


Spring Break Headlines